OVIFT / CIFT Networking Reception
March 26 from 6-8pm
Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center – Lewis Center, OH
Please join CIFT and the OVIFT the evening prior to the CIFT Summit to network among other industry professionals. Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served and a cash bar will be available. We will also have an open discussion of food industry activities happening within the State of Ohio.
- Anton Kilburn of Global Impact STEM Academy, Springfield, OH
- Updates from Ohio State University Food Science Department Student Organizations
- Joe Needham of JobsOhio
Please remember to also register and attend the Ohio Food Industry Summit
Wed, March 27, 2019
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
The Food Science Spring Research Forum & Poster Competition
April 2 at 4pm
Parker Food Science Building, Columbus, OH
OVIFT New Professionals: An Evening with Cameron Mitchell. Students Welcome!
April 3, from 5-7:30pm
The Barn – Gahanna, OH
Join OVIFT as we spend an evening with Cameron Mitchell, CEO and Founder of Cameron Mitchell Restaurants. Mitchell’s “dish room to board room story” began when he was 16-years-old and working as a dishwasher at a local Columbus, Ohio steakhouse. By the age of 30, he opened his first restaurant, and since then, Cameron Mitchell Restaurants has grown to 36 restaurants and 16 different concepts with locations in 12 states. Learn about entrepreneurship from one of Ohio’s most successful restauranteurs! Dinner is included in ticket price.
5:00-5:30 Registration and networking
5:30-7:30 Dinner and Presentation
This event is part of OVIFT’s new efforts to provide programming targeted towards Students and New Professionals, those who are recent graduates or within the first 10 years of their career in the science of food.
This event is capped at 40 tickets and will sell out, so get yours now!
2019 Suppliers’ Expo Booth Registration
Savannah Center – West Chester, OH
Annual Golf Outing
April 24, 6pm – 9pm
Top Golf – West Chester, OH
Come one, come all! Have some fun and raise some funds for the future of our industry—food science students!
On April 24 join us at Topgolf for our annual golf outing. No matter what weather the Cincinnati area gets, we’ll be warm and toasty in our heated bays! Whether you’re a pro or have never played
before, Topgolf makes it fun for all!
Proceeds benefit the Ohio Valley IFT, which provides over THIRTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS in scholarships and awards to food technology students EVERY YEAR! 90% of that supports our LOCAL students!
Tickets are only $100 for members ($110 for non-members) and include:
- Golf in a heated bay for two and a half hours
- Appetizers, dinner, and dessert
- Two drink tickets for beer and wine (cash bar available, too)
- Additional games and prizes, including door prizes and a closest-to-the-pin split the pot!
We hope to see you there! Click here to register now!
Would you or your company like to be a sponsor for our event? We have three ways you can help.
- Sponsor a bay for only $120! We will display your company name and logo throughout the event, as well as feature a link to your website on the OVIFT website.
- Donate a basket raffle or silent auction item! Minimum value of the item should be $100. Your company name and logo will be featured at the event, as well as on the OVIFT website.
- Donate a door prize! Minimum value of the item should be $25.
If you’d like to provide a basket raffle/silent auction item or a door prize, please reply to this email for more information.
Interested in Sponsoring or helping to plan an Event? Have an idea for an event? Let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to see what’s happening around the country? Find out about all IFT and IFT section events, conferences and workshops.