2018 OVIFT Food Science Spring Research Form & Poster Competition
March 27, 4:30-6:30pm
Abstracts due March 13, by 5pm
Participants must submit poster abstracts directly to
Students should title subject of email: OVIFT 2018 Student Poster Abstract
2nd $2,000 (5 awarded)
2018 Scholarship applications will be accepted through April 10, 2018. Awards will be announced at the Supplier’s Expo on April 26, 2018.
As a student member of IFT and OVIFT, you have the opportunity to win several scholarships each year. In addition, you can make important and invaluable contacts in your local community to help with research, internships and employment.
The following scholarships are available:
- OVIFT Undergraduate Scholarship $2,000 (2 available)
- Dr. Grady Chism III OSU Undergraduate Scholarship $3,000
- John Litchfield Graduate Fellowship $3,000
- $2,000 OVIFT scholarship to a deserving graduate or undergraduate student (3 available)
- The candidate must be a student at the time of the application
- Must be an OVIFT member
- Candidates must participate in a minimum of 1 OVIFT event during the year
- Candidates must be majoring or completing courses in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering, Culinology, or Culinary Arts at a college or higher level.
Building a Stronger Future
Since 1985, Feeding Tomorrow has worked to ensure that the vital work of food scientists continue, and carry on to the next generation. Feeding Tomorrow has funded more than $10 million is food science programs, and distributed more than 4,000 scholarships to students pursing undergraduate and graduate food science degrees. In partnership with Discovery Education, Feeding Tomorrow provided food science resources to nearly 18,000 public high schools throughout the U.S.
Feeding Tomorrow knows that food scientists will be vital to addressing the complex issues of our food system, such as the shortage of essential resources required to feed our growing population. Therefore, we aim to introduce food science to students as young as grammar school, and encourage them to explore food science as a future career through our various programs.